Hi. My name is Ethan J. Hulbert. So you want to know more about me and my website here, huh?
Here are more facts about me than you probably ever needed to know.
- Full Name: Ethan James Hulbert
- Date of Birth: May 7th, 1988
- Hometown: Spring Valley, WI (though I was technically born in Minnesota)
- Current City: Los Angeles, CA
- University: Studied Nuclear Engineering, Film, and Nanoscience (in that order)
- Employer: Publicis.Sapient (formerly Razorfish)
- Field: SEO – Management
- Cat: Sophia
- Favorite Food: Pizza
- Favorite Authors: Catherine Besterman, Peter F. Hamilton, Robert E. Howard, George Harmon Coxe, Richard Feynman
- Favorite Movies: Last Year at Marienbad, the Spider-Man Trilogy, The 400 Blows, The Seventh Seal, The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoise, Once Upon A Time In The West, Nausicaä & Princess Mononoke, Blade Runner, the Mission: Impossible series (except 2), the James Bond series (on and off, but especially Dalton, Brosnan, & Connery)
- Favorite TV: Daria, Star Trek (Enterprise, Original Series, Animated Series), Danger 5, Murdoch Mysteries, It’s Always Sunny, Burn Notice, 30 Rock
- Favorite Art Style: Art Nouveau
- Favorite Weather: A warm summer rain
You may also know me by popular restaurant misspellings of my name such as Cthan Hultert or Zthan Hurlburt. Unfortunately I am nowhere cool enough to be named Zthan.
I enjoy traveling, but I don’t like describing myself in romantic wanderlust terms. I’d like to think I’m pragmatic, analytical, and imaginative. I really like putting things in lists and spreadsheets. I love supporting my friends.
That’s who I am – now what about this website?
About This Site
This site is one thing and one thing only: my personal homepage.
This site is not meant to be one of those “travel blogs” where the author quits their 9-5 job and starts writing and traveling the world. I like my 9-5 job.
This site is not meant to be ranking or making me money. I mean, I’m not going to prevent it if it happens on its own somehow, but I’m not trying to start an online business revenue stream here. I don’t care.
This site is meant for me to have fun, and put an archive of myself and my experiences online. That’s it. And it’s a success.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact me. Have a great day.